ICE3 - Integrating CALL in Early Education Environments
ICE3 aims at promoting computer assisted language learning (CALL) at school level, in a way that is based on a pedagogically sound orientation (based on the communicative teaching language principles) and that integrates advanced processing tools for the generation of immediate feedback.
The specific objectives addressed fall under the three following categories:
a. pedagogical design and didactics
1. to fine-tune and implement the methodology developed in AutoLearn for second language learning and apply it to secondary and primary schools
2. to train teachers to work in an ICT-aware environment and to use AutoTutor to create and adapt their own teaching material
3. to create learning material to be used in conjunction with AutoTutor in three languages: English, German and Spanish
4. to adopt a comprehensive evaluation strategy of the pedagogical method that takes into account the different points of view that are relevant: developer, teachers and learners
b. community building and awareness raising
5. to create a community of teachers across Europe who are active users of ICT and AutoTutor in their language courses
6. to disseminate the project results to the scientific communities and to the education sector
c. technical development
7. to modularise the internal tools of AutoTutor, so that the implementation of new languages is facilitated
8. to build the underlying engine for a new language: Spanish
The project partners::
- BM - Fundacio Barcelona Media Universitat Pompeu Fabra (the coordinator)
- GFAI - Gesellschaft zur F?rderung der angewandten Informationsforschu
- Centre for Innovation in Education (TEHNE Romania)
- UE - University of Edinburgh
ICE3 project is co-funded by the European Commission in the framework of Lifelong Learning Programme, Comenius sub-programme.
More information about ICE3 - Integrating CALL in Early Education Environment can be found at: http://ice3.barcelonamedia.org.